I am certainly not a podcast expert.
I didn't even know what a podcast was until a few years ago - and this was after I listened to every episode of "Serial."
When I realized it was basically a radio show, I could finally embrace the concept. I guess that dates me.....
Then I realized I don't know of any podcasts based on German New Medicine so I decided to start one.
That was in May, 2019. It took me 3 months to record and edit three 20 minute podcasts because of the learning curve. It was frustrating, to say the least.
Info about a podcasting conference in October dedicated to women crossed my desk and a light bulb went off. I just knew this would be what I needed to learn and feel inspired. Check it out here: https://www.shepodcasts.live/
Needless to say, I had a fabulous experience and came away just a teeny bit wiser.
Here are 12 things I learned:
5. Women listen an average of 7.3 hours/week; men listen an average of 5.9 hours/week.
6. That it's important to fall in love with your voice....I'm not quite there yet, but I'm working on it.....
7. There is a difference between a presenter and a personality; as podcasters we want to be personalities.
8. In a workshop, I figured out that I want my legacy to be that I am a forward thinker and an innovator and I want to be known for integrity, compassion, and honesty.
9. That we all have many different sounds/voices inside us; it's about using our own vocal variety to our advantage depending on the story we are conveying.
10. There are many double-standards about male vs female voices; when a man is perceived to be an authority, a woman saying the same thing will be perceived as harsh or bitchy.
11. 65% of podcast listeners listen on their Smartphone or other mobile device; 25% on their laptop; 10% on a Smart Speaker.
12. When many innovative, creative women gather together, there are also many crowns of flowers that blink on and off.
After getting some pertinent feedback on my initial 3 podcasts, I have decided to rerecord them with my new mic.
Stay tuned for the German New Medicine Made Easy podcast. I promise it will be worth the wait!